Director: Jack Smith
Cast: Francis Francine, Sheila Bick, Joel Markman
USA/Brazil | 1963 | 43 min
ENG - An homage to classic Hollywood movies, a cadre of transvestites and other sexually ambiguous characters — or ‘creatures’ — romp around in a silent tableaux accompanied by soundtracks from old films. Eventually, one of the creatures is molested by the rest of them, which triggers an earthquake. Despite the carnage that follows, the creatures manage to still carry on and have a grand ol’ time. Jack Smith’s daring masterpiece is seductively briliant!
The film caused a national scandal upon its original underground release; it was banned in 22 states and in four countries. The critic Jonas Mekas brought the film around to various screenings in the 1960s, but at several screenings was arrested for screening the film.
DAN - I denne hyldest til klassiske Hollywood-film, boltrer en gruppe af transvestitter og andre seksuelt tvetydige karakterer - eller ‘væsener’ - sig i tavse tableauer, ledsaget af soundtracks fra gamle film. Et af væsenerne bliver forulempet af de andre, hvilket udløser et jordskælv, men på trods af blodbadet fortsættes sexorgiet. Selvom det er uklart, om enden er god, så er alt i Jack Smiths vovede mesterværk forførende godt!
14 Notes/ Hide
- summerstylestuff reblogged this from gaysinmovies
- jasoncwoodson likes this
- jacobblank reblogged this from gaysinmovies
- anthologyfilmarchives likes this
- boywithwings reblogged this from gaysinmovies and added:
- vacuumnoise reblogged this from gaysinmovies
- vacuumnoise likes this
- horizontalfall likes this
- thotb0t likes this
- matteopinix likes this
- and0utcomethew0lves reblogged this from gaysinmovies
- dandismodextrarradio likes this
- dievergoetterung likes this
- mzmew likes this
- gaysinmovies posted this